Friday, May 22, 2009

My first solo retightening

I hope I get faster as I practice locking!!! (Laughing) It took me four 'sessions' and way too many hours to do this my first time. My poor, sweet daughter.

Session 1: (One DVD long) - front section done
Session 2: (Approx 3 hours) - working at my locktician house with a help on a few locks and some mentoring - most of one back side section done
Session 3: (Another DVD) - both side back sections and part of middle section done
Session 4: (Yes, we watch allot of movies!) - FINISHED!! But poor Naomi was crying big tears rolling down her cheeks. Poor darling! I kept asking her how she was doing but couldn't see her face from the back. I couldn't get her to tell me if it hurt, she was just tired, frustrated, mad/sad at having to do this all the time, or what. So, I guess it was probably a combination of all of them.

The next retightening I have scheduled with my locktician. Hallelujah!

I think part of the slowness in this last one, aside from my inexperience, is that I really worked hard on separating. By the time I got to the back, it had been a week since I started the front and I did not re-separate before continuing. So each row and each loc took extra time.

But we are already starting to see a difference in length! So in between wanting to cut it off "like a boy" and wishing she had her "own" hair again (sigh! part of the purpose of locs is so she does have her "own" hair), Naomi is excited to have long hair! We'll get there, and Mom will get better too. :-)


No comments: